Is your Android phone infected with a virus? You can surely remove the virus manually using this tutorial. A virus is a deadly phone “disease” depending on the type that infects a phone.
There are many viruses which have different ways in which they destroy a smartphone and to know if your Android phone had been infected with one, you would keep seeing that your phone is no more responding, advertisements will keep popping out from your smartphone, your phone will be freezing, causing different app errors like (unfortunately, app has stopped) and can even hinder your calls.
The virus works and makes phone malfunction. So, in this article, you will be able to remove the virus in six ways depending on the type of Android phone you are using.
Ways to Remove Virus from Your Android Smartphone
1. Use Safe Mode: In this method, you will be able to remove the malicious app(s) via booting into safe mode because some virus attacks phone by automatically installing apps on a victim’s phone to make the device malfunction, probably where the victim might have downloaded apps from third-party websites or from the giant Google playstore.
- Press and hold the power button and select “Reboot to Safe Mode“.
- After a successful reboot, find out if your device is malfunctioning because in this mode, is only your follow-come apps that will be available.
- If it doesn’t malfunction, kindly power off your phone and boot to Normal mode, then delete those apps causing the issue by going to Settings>>Apps and delete virus Apps.
If this doesn’t solve this issue, move to the next method below.
2. Remove Administrator Access to Uninstall Harmful Apps: You might have granted a malicious app administrative access over your phone and as a result, will start malfunctioning till you remove it from the administrative position or delete it because the app won’t delete till you remove the administrative access.
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Security“.
- Tap on “Device Administrators” and remove any pernicious or malicious apps from the list or the app causing issues.
- Now, once removed from the list, kindly delete or uninstall it.
This is how to paralyze malicious apps and if this still doesn’t resolve the issue, move to the next method below.
3. Use Anti-Virus Apps to Scan for Corrupted Files or Apps: This is another best common way to resolve and remove the virus from an Android phone when infected.
- You just have to download any of the Anti-virus application out there on playstore, like the Systweak Anti-malware.
- Scan for the virus in your folders, games, and apps.
- When scanned, you can delete the apps or files and leave the Anti-virus to give your phone maximum security against the virus.
This is the common and best way to remove the virus from the phone.
4. Update the Apps and Phone Software: Updating your Android software is another way to fix bugs and remove unwanted misbehavior of apps because the Android manufacturer does roll out updates for their users.
You can as well update all apps to the latest version and this will also relieve your phone from sudden crashing and other phone misbehaviors.
5. Remove Junk Files And Clear Cache & Data: It’s highly prescribable to remove junk file and clear cache and data in order to keep your Android Smartphone safe and clean.
In this method, I advice CCleaner for the task because is a powerful software that can keep your Android phone safe and in a good mode and can easily remove junk files that will slow down your phone speed and performances.
6. Hard reset and wipe of your device: This should be your last resort; by flashing your Android phone. Flashing your Android phone will delete all files and documents from your device and it will be as if you just newly purchased the phone. So, it’s advisable to backup your files and makes sure you don’t backup all files because it might also backup the virus.
This is the basic and advance ways in performing a hard reset on an Android phone:
- Go to “Settings” and tap on “Hard reset“.
- Turn on backup and proceed to flash.
- Power off your Android phone and boot again by holding Volume up + Power button, this will take you to recovery mode.
- Navigate down and select “Wipe data/factory reset” using the volume down button.
- Select “Yes” to confirm and after successful flashing, go back and select “Reboot now” or power off and on your phone normally using the power button.
These are best ways in which Virus can be wiped out from Android phone and it’s advisable to apply to them in order to keep your phone clean and safe from Trojans, among others.
Is it helpful? Still, encounter any issues? Drop it below and if it works for you, kindly share your experience!